Friday, May 13, 2016

Out of Sight, Out of Mind

We are always late. It doesn't matter if it's for something fun or boring, it is nearly impossible to get everyone in the car at the appropriate time. I detest being late. Today, I came up with a plan.

Cooper woke up at 5:30 this morning, woefully early in my opinion. We need to leave for school at 8:00. Despite the fact that he'd been up for more than two hours, at 7:50 he still was not dressed. When he discovered he didn't have time to sit down at the table for breakfast, he was not pleased.

Trust me, neither was I.

After we dropped the boys off, I brainstormed. What could we do to help this problem? That's when I realized we have very few clocks in our house. There's one on the stove, one in the girls' room, and our phones, which the children generally don't have access to. If I want them to be ready at a certain time, I'd better make sure they can see a clock.

So we went to Ikea.

The woman that helped us at the checkout register was amused to hear why we were buying nine clocks in one go. I chose the $1.99 version. Three have already found new homes on the walls downstairs. I gave each big kid their own clock to decorate with stickers and permanent markers. They thought this was awesome and quickly let their creative brains take over. That means the boys will have two clocks in their room.

At least they can no longer use the excuse that they didn't know what time it was.

No comments: