I went Visiting Teaching today after the kids were done with their morning swimming lessons. My companion wouldn't be joining us, so the responsibility of scheduling the visit and sharing a spiritual message fell to me. As is so often the case in my life, too many other items ( and people) demanded my attention and I didn't begin to prepare my message until we were driving from the pool to the home of the sister I was going to visit.
I found the lesson for this month in my LDS library app on my phone. As we pulled out of our parking place at the city pool, the lesson started to play over the speakers of the car. My kids have developed amazing talents for blocking out sounds, mainly by talking over the top of them. That's what they did during my lesson prep. I called to the back of the van several times for them to be quiet, sometimes I was calm, sometimes not so much.
They finally listened and Cooper realized what I was doing.
Cooper: Mom? What are you listening to? (pause of understanding) Is this for Visiting Teacher? (to Peter in the back seat) She's cheating! I can't believe she's cheating! Mom, this is cheating.
Phoebe: (in a voice full of experience) Oh no Cooper, she does this all the time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hahaha! I love what Cooper said and Phoebe's response. Also, I need to do a better job of remembering the funny little things my kids say...
Post a Comment