Phoebe repeatedly complained today about the way her brothers smell. Apparently she just realized they are sometimes an odoriferous group of humans. As the sister to three brothers, I've had this knowledge for many years. Although she returned to the topic several times throughout the day, my favorite happened this afternoon.
Phoebe: Mom, the boys smell so bad! I really think we should spend more time outside.
Me: Why? To get away from the smell?
Phoebe: Yes! It smells so bad in here. Why does Peter stink? (pause) How old will I be when Peter's your age?
Me: When Peter is 35 you'll be 30.
Phoebe: (now in a weepy voice) I'll miss Peter so much!
Me: Why? Where is he going?
Phoebe: (sniffling) I don't know. He might be married. And I'll miss him! But we should really get out of this house, because it stinks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment