Why, hello there.
Did you miss me yesterday? Did you notice I was gone? I noticed, but the day was so full, I didn't have a chance to write anything until after midnight. I've run into this problem before, and I usually post something really quickly and backdate the publishing time. But last night I was just done. I feel like I've been running, burning the candle at both ends, juggling too much for too long, basically the whole time we've been in PA. And last night I was simply too tired.
Because, you see, it's been a difficult few weeks. Lots of very hard emotional stuff has been going on. I'm going to be obnoxious and not go into details, because not all of the details are mine to share. But at least one thing I can tell you is this: Peter is being bullied at school. A lot. He's been punched and kicked and pushed to the floor. Kids have called him stupid and other names on a regular basis. And on Tuesday one of Peter's classmates told Peter, "Everyone wishes you were dead."
So.
We've spent the last two days talking with and listening to Peter. We've notified the school and counseled with our parents. Bryan gave Peter a lovely blessing of comfort that reminded him of his natural gift for happiness. We spent several hours last night trying to figure out what to do.
And that is why I didn't blog. My heart and my mind were simply too tired.
Thursday, December 8, 2016
Hard Things
Labels:
brain dump,
Bryan,
emotional,
excuses,
family,
motherhood,
parenting,
Peter,
priesthood,
school,
themom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Reading this makes my heart hurt. Kids can be so mean. We will definitely be keeping Peter and you all in our prayers.
Consider a legal action and let it be known. Nothing gets attention like to threat a lawsuit.
Consider a legal action and let it be known. Nothing gets attention like to threat a lawsuit.
This thing is like ordering socks every time I tried to delete one thing that it again.
The computers not my friend this morning. I hope you can decode my message.
That is horrible!! I am so sorry. Peter and you two will be in my prayers. We had an issue last month with a parent yelling at LG and threatening to kick him (he had kicked her son in the line at recess the day before - nothing menacing, just your typical first grade social interactions!). It was so upsetting and traumatizing for him and us. I cannot imagine dealing with anything like that on an ongoing basis. :-(
Post a Comment