Friday, March 31, 2017

Extra Extra

Last night, as we sat down to eat dinner, Peter gave voice to something I'd been thinking for a few days. "Is it just me, or is everybody extra tired this week?"

We are dragging this week, all of us. I can't exactly figure out why. Bryan has been working late, which leads to exhaustion for the parent at the office and for the parent not at the office, and I continue to stay up later than a sane person should, so I understand the reasons for our weariness. But the kids are all worn out as well.

Peter, who has been so devoted to getting up early and checking off his to-do list, has been turning off his alarm clock each morning. Cooper is often difficult to motivate in the morning, but the past few days we've nearly been late to school because the clock simply moves faster than our boy. Poor Sophie and Phoebe have been running out of steam by the late afternoon and spending the remainder of the hours until bedtime alternating between throwing angry tantrums and weeping because "he was looking at me funny."

Seriously.

As we limp toward the weekend, I am extra thankful that we will be staying in our pajamas, participating in church on our couch. That's right, my favorite weekend has come round again. The semi-annual General Conference for our church will take place on Saturday and Sunday, and I'm looking forward to being spiritually renewed and uplifted.

Also to wearing pajamas.

No comments: