Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Saturday Morning Artist


On Saturday I joined some friends at a painting party. Our piano teacher is also a talented painter and she shared her knowledge with a group of women from church. I joked that they would soon discover my artistic ability resided firmly in the performing arena and not the visual.

But I actually loved the way my moon turned out.

The teacher advised mixing white and black and using lots of varied brush strokes. She also encouraged us to experiment with the look of our paintings, stressing individuality. My friend, who was sitting next to me, added quite a bit of blue to her moon. Inspired by her bold choice, I added just a bit of blue to mine.

I thought my tree turned out pretty well too.



And then I added the blossoms.

I do not like the blossoms.

Despite my opinions, the girls think it will make a good addition to their room décor.

It was a fun morning with friends. And I enjoyed the painting.

Until the blossoms.

1 comment:

Grandma Bonnie said...

Good job Margo. I love the background light on one side and darker on the other. I love the variation of color in the moon it gives it depth. I'm sure there's a bit of artist in you because you are mine.