Monday, August 27, 2018

Hopes and Dreams

Today is the first day of school. Phoebe is ecstatic, Cooper is anxiously optimistic, and Peter (who did not get the classes he wanted) is dreading it. I'll give a report tomorrow.

In anticipation of beginning, I asked each kid what their hopes are for the new school year. And because Sophie is doing preschool at home, she got to participate as well. Here are their answers.

Sophie: I hope I have macaroni and cheese, and I hope I have a good time, and I hope I have the same mom and the same brother, and that I'm not alone but always with them, and that I'll always come when she calls on me.

Phoebe: To win the coloring contest that is at school, that I'll stay friends with my old friends, that I'll do good and do well in my class. And I hope that I'll get into PYLON (student government).

Cooper: To make new friends, have fun, have fun, have fun, and get smarter.

Peter: I don't want to talk about school because it hasn't happened yet and I want to relish summer as long as possible.

My hopes for the new year? That I figure out the art of juggling kids at three different schools, teaching one in a preschool co-op, caring for the one that is nursing and napping, delivering kids to piano and scouts and dance and whatever other extracurricular activities they sign up for, serving in three different callings at church, feeding my family relatively healthy meals, keeping the house reasonably clean, spending time with Bryan, reading scriptures and other books on a regular basis, and not completely losing my mind.

Bring it on.

No comments: