Friday, August 3, 2018

Gaining Control

Our sweet littlest boy has been reaching some big milestones. Tonight, while the rest of us watched a movie, I kept Topher occupied (and turned away from the TV, as is our practice) with a soft, colorful book. He gazed at it, then slowly reached for it. He succeeded twice in grabbing that squishy tome, which tells me it was intentional and not a random accident. The other kids were so excited at his accomplishment that they watched him instead of the movie. But lets be honest, they probably would have done that anyway.

And the second milestone? This is how I put him down in his bed each night, with his head toward those stars you can see on the left.


I did the same thing a few days ago because I needed both hands for a few minutes. He did not want to be in his bed, so I imagine he wriggled in protest. When I came back in just a short time later, this is how I found him.


He's started doing the same thing on his play mat. He's also gotten up on his side a few times and yesterday during tummy time he tried to get his knees under him. None of my other kids have been interested in moving at such a young age.

Do you think he's trying to catch up to the big kids?

No comments: