Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Ode to Father

Sophie has started writing poetry to mark special occasions. She usually dictates it to Phoebe, who acts as scribe. She composed something for Bryan for Father's Day, and it's definitely worth sharing.


Here's what it says:

I love you, Dad,
You are mine,
And when you smile at me
I see that you will help me each year
And you and I will be forever and ever.
I will always love you
No matter what,
Even if it's stormy or black.
I'll stand beside you
And we will never be forgotten.
I am a song for you
And you are a song for me.
I love you
And you love me, too.
I will love you
And you will, too.
You will guide me through the days.
You will love me again.

After letting Bryan read it, she asked for the paper back so she could sing it to him. Then, after looking at the paper for a moment, she remembered, "But I can't read." That's okay, the poem was entertaining, even without music.

No comments: