Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Trim and Tidy

Topher recently adopted the practice of running his hands through his hair during meals. Here's a good illustration of that from earlier this week. On a related note, he really likes our homemade refried beans.


His hair had gotten so long that cleaning all that food out was becoming quite a chore. So yesterday, on a whim, I decided it was time to cut it. I tried to take a before picture to show how long it was, but I didn't do very well. 


It wasn't too long on the top, but the sides and back were in serious mullet mode.


It was long enough that I could easily pull into a ponytail.


He sat in his highchair during the trim. As I tried to get started, he was very interested in watching the scissors in my hand and kept twisting to keep his eyes on them. I handed him the comb which distracted him for a short time. That meant I had to move quickly. It's not perfect, but I'm pleased with how it turned out, though it's hard to tell from the blurry pictures. And now maybe it'll be a little easier to wash the food out!




No comments: