Sophie complained of an earache all weekend, so I told her I would make a doctor's appointment for her for after school on Monday. During school I got a call from the nurse saying that Sophie had been in three times, each visit with a different malady, but she wasn't running a fever and hadn't thrown up. We agreed that she was well enough to go back to class, especially since she was going to the doctor after school.
About an hour later I got a call from her teacher. Sophie had fallen asleep in the classroom. I woke Topher up from his nap a little early and we went to the school to retrieve our sleeping beauty. The diagnosis from the doctor? A terrible ear infection and an eardrum so full of pressure it would likely burst.
Between falling asleep at school and waking up this morning, she slept for about sixteen hours, with a few interruptions for the doctor and a bite or two of food. She had one dose of antibiotics last night.
I'm happy to report that she was back to her energetic self this morning and, as of writing this at 8:41 PM, her eardrum is still intact. Due to the 102 degree fever she ran at the doctor's office, she stayed home today and rested, but she is ready to go back tomorrow. Modern medicine is truly a blessing.

No comments:
Post a Comment