You guys, I need to change my image.
When asked how I'm doing, I try hard to always give an honest answer. I may not list everything I'm feeling because I generally have several thoughts and emotions happening at once and that would be overwhelming for the person asking. Instead, I choose one item, usually the easiest answer is "tired."
Apparently I say this so often that when Phoebe, in a fit of tween artistic angst, drew my picture last week, she used it as her inspiration. When I asked about the picture she said, "I tried to draw you angry, but it came out tired."
Great.
And for the last week I've repeatedly thought about how my children will not remember me as a mom who cooked great food or a mom who read to them or a mom who sang with them and let them wear costumes to the store. Nope, they'll remember that I was tired. And that I said "no" a lot. That is not what I was going for.
Well, what Phoebe wrote on my shirt in the picture is true, I do already need a nap tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
No is good for the soul. We are to learn to deny ourselves of all ungodliness. Your children will not grow up feeling entitled.
Post a Comment