I spent time last week proofreading all the 2019 blog posts in anticipation of printing those two ( I split most years into two books) blog books. Last year included Topher's hospitalization, which was so hard to read through. In fact, as I read, I was surprised just how many posts were about our family, or members of our family, being sick. We were sick so often!
That made me reflect on the last six months that we've primarily been at home. We've gone stir-crazy several times, gotten extremely stressed out, been desperate for adventures, been overwhelmed by so many hard things happening in the world around us, and reached levels of exhaustion heretofore unknown.
But you know what we really haven't been?
Sick.
We've had some sniffles and runny noses from running the fans and living in a wind tunnel during the entire month of June. And we've had some upset stomachs from eating too much junk food. I even discovered that I have seasonal allergies of some variety, I start sneezing when we have the windows open. But we have not been the kind of sick that comes from being around other people. No colds or stomach bugs, no pink eye or strep throat. No one on antibiotics.
I miss people (at least, I think I miss people, it's been so long I'm not sure I remember), but not getting sick in the last six months has been a blessing. Then again, I guess not getting sick is kind of the goal of this whole staying home business.
No comments:
Post a Comment