Today was Peter's first ever day of early morning Seminary. That means he had to be awake and ready to participate in a scripture study class at 6 o'clock this morning. We added the requirement that he also be showered and dressed before beginning.
Bryan and I both went to early morning Seminary, not to be confused with the time-release variety offered in Utah. That sounds like some kind of medicine, but it really means that there are so many members of our church in Utah that the high schools offer time in the regular school day for kids to take a religion class in a church-like building slightly off-campus. But I didn't grow up in Utah, so I had my daily gospel study class in our church building before school started.
I remember setting my alarm for 4:30 in the morning so I could totally get ready for school and be there on-time my freshman year of high school. I also remember that by the time I was a senior I would roll myself out of bed just in time to deliver my brothers to their classes at 5:45, then slip into the bathroom to put on my makeup since our teacher decided we shouldn't start until 6:00.
Peter's class (for the time being) is meeting virtually over Zoom, so his commute is pretty short. Bryan and I set our alarms for 5:30 this morning, woke up enough to hear Peter get in the shower, reset the alarm for 5:55, checked the basement camera and saw that he was at his computer ready to go, then slept for another hour. We probably should have gotten up and made him breakfast or taken his picture or done something special to mark the day. But we didn't, because we're tired.
All he would tell me was that it was clear several of the kids were still in their pajamas and in bed. And he said he was tired too. That's the full report I got on Seminary, so who knows what actually happened. But at least Peter was there.
No comments:
Post a Comment