Tuesday, April 6, 2021

All the Blocks

On Sunday night I did bedtime with Topher. When I finish reading our traditional three books (they change each week), I usually prompt him to say his prayers. His standard prayer for every occasion is to bless the food, it doesn't matter if any food is actually present.

When he finished blessing the food this time, I told him that he can say different things in his prayers. I said he can thank Heavenly Father for anything, and ask Him for help. I've told him this before, but it hadn't made much of an impression up until now. This time though he asked if he could try again. I said sure and he began a new prayer. After the proper beginning, this is what he said:

"I'm thankful for blocks and LEGOS and Duplo blocks and regular blocks and five blocks and 1 2 3 4 5 6 blocks and two blocks."

And then he closed his prayer the same way he ends the food prayers. He asked me if that was better. I told him I thought it was wonderful.

1 comment:

Papa Ron said...

Genuine gratitude. From the mouths of babes. We should be so open and forthright.