Monday, June 27, 2022

My Turn to be the Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything

Today is my 42nd birthday! We had our celebrations yesterday since we knew Bryan had to go into work today. I love Sunday birthdays, so I was happy to shift my Monday birthday to Sunday.

Here's part of my church view:


A fun birthday surprise was getting to see my brother Jordan and his family. They were on their way home from camping and realized they weren't too far from us. We said hello for a bit in the backyard before they got back on the road. I told them I counted seeing them as a birthday gift.


After church Bryan got to work on my birthday dinner. He made his delicious Panang curry.


Sophie asked if she could be the official gift opening photographer. She did a great job.


Topher was the birthday elf, which means he brought me each package or card to open. This cool popup card was Phoebe's creation.


Here's my sugar-free birthday cake. I've had to adjust what food I can eat recently for health reasons, including cutting out gluten and dairy. But I already had this cake mix in the pantry. I decided I would count this as my final (for the foreseeable future) gluten cake and eat it anyway.


That may have been a mistake. I spent most of last night throwing up. I'm not sure what the culprit was since everyone else seems to be healthy. I'm so glad that we did our birthday celebrating yesterday since I certainly have not been up to doing anything other than lie on the couch today.

I've loved getting birthday messages throughout the day from friends and family members. And the kids have all been helpful and kind while I've not felt well. Peter got up with Topher this morning so I could sleep and Cooper cooked the frozen waffles I'd gotten for the kids to enjoy on my birthday. (I had some gluten-free waffles in the freezer for myself that I'll have another day.) All the kids have taken turns watching Topher and Sophie, Cooper, and Phoebe are making dinner as I type this. Maybe that's been my biggest birthday gift, getting to see them be responsible and serve each other while I've been out of commission.

1 comment:

Brett M said...

Oh I'm so sorry you weren't feeling well!! Hopefully you're all better now. And yeah for the kids pitching in ❤️