Friday, December 16, 2022

O Holy Night

I'm still serving as the choir director in my church congregation. For the last two months I've been organizing an interfaith Christmas concert with a local Lutheran congregation. The person in charge of music in our ward has a demanding job, so most of the planning has fallen to me. Thankfully other people volunteered to oversee the decorations, refreshments, and the printed program. That's left me with the music, narration, and related logistical matters. Oh, and directing our choir for three of the numbers and overseeing three others, plus two congregational hymns. A friend stepped in to organize rehearsals for the two small group numbers, which freed me up to drop in and give feedback, which is my favorite part of the job. I've loved getting to stretch my creative muscles, but it's been a time consuming process.

The concert is this coming Sunday evening. I would appreciate any prayers and positive thoughts you can send our way, because we'll need them.

No comments: