Peter got a crick in his neck this morning. The poor kid walked around all day with his head to one side. At church I told his nursery leader about it and she looked at him and said, "Yeah, he does look kind of lopsided." I'm really hoping that's it's gone in the morning.
The sore neck didn't interfere with his storytelling however. Bryan went into Peter's room before I did this morning because I was feeding Cooper. I listened from our room as Peter launched into a lengthy and detailed soliloquy about everything he was doing. It was a solid stream of words for 30 minutes. When Cooper and I finally joined them he was talking about the slide that he had made for his friends (the euphemism we use for his large collection of stuffed animals) out of his blanket and was sliding them down from his rarely used toddler bed onto the floor.
The insatiable need to explain everything is genetic. Bryan loves to explain, so does my Dad. In fact, Peter is usually so busy explaining whatever pops into his head to us that he doesn't ask why questions. He asks lots of who, what, and where questions, and even a few hows, but no whys. When does that usually kick in? Maybe he doesn't feel the need because we offer so many unsolicited explanations.
Now, how to teach him when he's explained too much and has lost his audience?
Monday, May 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Notice, in the picture, that Peter is not looking up by tilting his head back. He couldn't turn it to the left, or lift it up.
I think he's OK now.
Poor baby! I hope he's feeling better.
Post a Comment