Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Good Things Come to Those Who Wait


This is the flower that I got for Mother's Day at church on Sunday. The Young Men were standing guard at a table full of flowers in each foyer. As we walked out and saw them I asked Peter if he wanted to pick out a flower for me. We were closest to the red flowers, so I figured I'd be good as far as the color went. He reached up and picked the only flower that hadn't bloomed. When we met Bryan outside of nursery and he saw my flower he asked if all the others had been taken. I said no, this was the one that Peter chose for me.

I wonder, does this mean he can see beauty in things that others can't? Did he know that this flower was a step behind it's neighbors? What was it that made his 2-year-old brain say, "Yup, that's the one"? As you can see, it's blooming nicely now, while the other flowers might be starting to wilt. So I get to enjoy mine a little longer than I would have otherwise.

Thanks Peter.

3 comments:

TheMoncurs said...

Hey Matgot! I'm so glad you started a blog! Now I can keep up with you and your family!

TheMoncurs said...

ok, I really do know how to spell your name. One handed typing while I feed Wes has done a number on my accuracy.

Jamie said...

Margot. FINALLY. I've been waiting for you to blog.