Earlier this week we were going out as a family to look at apartments (shocking, I know) and rather than move Bryan's car out from behind our family car, Bryan did some tight maneuvering around it. When he was done I said in a rather breathless voice, "Well, that was exciting." Peter added his thoughts too, "That was dumb."
Whoa. That, my friends, is a naughty word. I looked at Bryan to see what he would do. I think maybe he was waiting for me. We ended up explaining that dumb means someone who can't speak. We also told him that he should find other words to use instead.
But you know what? Bryan says it. When he's frustrated with something he'll say "That's dumb."
Turns out he's not the only person influencing Peter's vocabulary. This week Peter dropped something on the ground and said, "Oh, that was not awesome." Guess who says that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Peter does... now.
That's dumb. ;-)
Hey Margot, I found your blog from Cristin's blog. That make me laugh. I am trying to be really to start now being really careful around Lizette, and not say stupid and dumb, and somehow it is really hard... It is amazing how kids can pick up on the smallest things.
I head myself through my three-year-old a LOT. And then I ask myself, "oh my goodness; do I really sound like that??"
Post a Comment