Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Growing

I've been debating whether or not to have a garden this year.

I loved having one last year. It was a joy to have so much fresh produce all summer long. And, unexpectedly, I enjoy weeding. A lot. It was very relaxing for me. Maybe that's how some people feel about sewing and crafting. Huh.

There are a few reasons I haven't started seedlings in the office and staked out my garden plot yet. One is, I'm not sure if they've started assigning plots yet. Another is, we're still not sure how long we'll be living here. Our contract is up and we're just waiting to see if we get a notice of our rent going up. We could ask, but we really don't want to rock that particular boat. If they think we're swell renters and they want to keep us around, who are we to remind them that they wanted to raise our rent?

The other reason is that for the last eighteen weeks I've been working on growing something else. And, based on the fact that it has another twenty-two weeks to grow, I'm not sure how much digging around in the dirt I'll be able to do this summer.

That something else is due to arrive sometime on, around, or (if the two that came before it are any indication) after September 1st.

9 comments:

TheMoncurs said...

Wow, didn't see that coming! Congrats!!

LeMira said...

Congratulations! What exciting news!

The Stells! said...

YAY!!! congratulations! That is very exciting!

Emily said...

Congratulations! Hope you're feeling well! And hopefully they don't raise your rent. :)

Beth said...

WHOA!!! Exciting! Congratulations!! :-D

Amanda said...

Woohoo! :)

K said...

Margot, yay!!! How exciting! How is the pregnancy treating you so far? Are you going to find out the gender?

The Winstons said...

WOO-HOO! I am so happy for you guys! I can't wait for updates! Congratulations!!!

amanda said...

Congrats!! How on earth were you able to keep that to yourself for so long?! Now that's discipline! I always want people to know right away, especially if I'm feeling sick and tired because I need the support and sympathy! Hope the pregnancy is going well. It's going to be a HOT summer for you! You have air conditioning right? : )