I have a bad habit of singing the same one or two phrases from a song over and over and over. I tend to indulge whatever music happens to get stuck in my head. This is probably why Peter was walking around singing this song from Glee yesterday. (What? You and your kids don't have dance parties to the Glee soundtrack? Huh.) Bryan and I overheard two different versions.
Version One:
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes
You just might find
You get what you need
Like vitamins
And fruits and vegetables
I think his list of what you need was longer, but I was trying too hard not to laugh to effectively remember the rest of it. And he's right, we do need those things.
Version Two:
You don't always want what you get
You don't always want what you get
You don't always want what you get
Too true, Peter. Too true.
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a hillarious little man you have!! lol
Rose sings a modified version of that song to John. It starts in a high sweet voice..."Sometimes you get what you want..." Switches to a low voice..."But not right now!"
Post a Comment