Monday, November 28, 2011

Peace on Earth

We had a lovely Thanksgiving break. Much time was spent lounging and on Friday we wore our pajamas all day long. Peter regularly asks to have jammy days, so he loved it. On Saturday, Cooper tried to convince me that he should keep wearing the same shirt he'd had on since Thursday morning, having slept in his clothes that night and then not changed when he got up in the morning. I insisted otherwise.

We watched movies, played video games, put away the Thanksgiving decorations and pulled out the Christmas tree. And unlike most lazy days, our house stayed tidy. I credit the cleanliness to the fact that I told the boys we couldn't put up any Christmas decorations if the house was messy. The tree was highly motivational.

My favorite part about the break was spending calm time with my family. The only places we HAD to be were Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday and church on Sunday. The remaining time was ours.

And we didn't go shopping on Black Friday, which I think that added to the stress-free nature of the holiday.

1 comment:

Grandma Bonnie said...

Sounds good to me. When I was working my favorite thing was to leave the car parked in the drive way.