Did you know that Christmas is in four days? Really, it's only four days away. And since today is almost over we might as well say that Christmas is in three days. I shouldn't be so surprised, I've had a Christmas tree decorated and in my living room for almost a whole month. And yet, I'm still a little shocked that Christmas is this week.
I love wrapping presents and seeing them under the tree. But no wrapping has happened yet this year due to a sweet little girl who is fascinated by the crinkle of that pretty red and green paper. The UPS Santa Claus brought a package from Bryan's family yesterday. I took a chance and had Cooper put all the presents under the tree as I pulled them out of their boxes. Today Phoebe pulled several of them out, hugged them close, and cried out, "ME!" It was adorable, but I finally had to take the gifts away so they could stay wrapped until Christmas.
Inspired by the sight of the packages under the tree, I've decided it's time to wrap. Most of my time during the next few days will probably be spent keeping small hands away from presents, but that's okay. Maybe then the fast approaching Christmas will seem real.
And that brings me to this moment. Here I sit, on my red couch, staring down several Amazon boxes, ready to remember what exactly we've decided to surprise our children with on Sunday morning. Perhaps I should have started this process before 9:45 at night...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
haha i wrapped everything Saturday night....and had to but it all back in our closet to keep my crazy 2 year old out of them :) Abby enjoys unwrapping WAY to much! :)
Post a Comment