Friday, May 18, 2012

Happy Working Song

Thanks for all the congratulatory messages. I say that like it's my internship. I know it's Bryan's, but since it has a major impact on the whole family, I do think of it as our internship. And our summer adventure.

We've spent the last week deep cleaning and de-junking. Our DI pile is occupying a large square of cement in our garage. We've also started packing. The boys both remember this process, but it's completely new to Phoebe. She's taken to it well. Today I watched as she dumped a dozen board books into a box that was almost her height and announced, "Packing!"

Bryan pointed out that other than carrying boxes and furniture, he doesn't really know what to do to get us ready to move. I had forgotten that for our last three moves I did most of the packing while he was at work. I'm happy to share the task of packing, just as I'm sure he's happy that I can heft around big heavy boxes this time since I'm not pregnant (as I have been for three of our five moves).

Now all we need to do is:

  • sell our current contract
  • find a place to live in Wisconsin
  • find a place to live for when we come back for Bryan's last year of school
  • find a storage unit to stash our stuff
  • decide if we're taking one car or two
  • figure out what the minimum number of belongings we can take to get us through the twelve-week internship is
  • return our library books
  • pack
  • move
A friend (who reads this blog, hi friend!) asked what my stress level was at and how I was dealing with it. I told her that, although I have long hated running, I've started running between one-third and one-half of the trip to and from dropping Peter off at school.

I'm not feeling too stressed and my pants fit better, so I guess it's working.

No comments: