One of the ways we've been filling our days is by going to the YMCA. The boys are taking swimming lessons and pre-karate lessons and I am taking advantage of the on-site childcare. We've been every morning for the last week. I sign the kids in, then I scurry over to a gigantic room that houses treadmills and weight machines and exercise bikes. Then I do my best to walk off all the stress of wrangling small children.
I started out mostly walking. I would run for a minute here and there, but then I would return to walking and let my heart calm down. Over the last several days I've been increasing the running. Yesterday, during the course of my forty-two minute workout, I ran for a combined total of ten minutes.
Today I did something I've never done. As in, I have no memories of ever doing this in my lifetime. Are you ready?
I ran for six minutes in a row.
That might not seem like a big deal, but for this asthmatic, it's huge. And the only reason I stopped was because my shoe came untied. I have no idea if I'll be able to replicate this accomplishment, but I was shocked and pleased.
And now I'm so sore I can barely move.
But it's worth it.
Thursday, June 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Like!
Post a Comment