Friday, October 26, 2012

Here Comes Halloween

Last year's Halloween costumes were elaborate and time-consuming. And completely awesome. While I was tempted to make something equally fabulous this year, I simply did not have the time. So we did the next best thing: we borrowed them. Well, I bought Peter's but I borrowed Cooper and Phoebe's.

Peter had been asking to go traditional for costumes this year. When I saw a $6 skeleton costume in his size at Wal-Mart, I took it as a sign. A friend lent us a witch costume and another friend let us borrow a vampire costume.

The MBASA Halloween party was last night. The kids were excited to don their spooky duds. About three hours before the party was supposed to start, I figured out my costume. I told Phoebe that since she was a witch, I would be her black cat. Bryan, who basically had to go from class to the party, dressed up as the family photographer.


Bryan did Peter's make-up and sprayed Cooper's hair black. We kept losing him at the party because we were looking for blonde hair instead of black. Phoebe is wearing a grown-up sized hat because that was what fit. I watched a handful of YouTube videos so I could figure out the cat eye make-up. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. And I pulled out the hot-glue gun to make my ears, so I guess I was a little crafty this year.

Bonus Phoebe picture!

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Great make-up job! Did Phoebe keep her hat on?

Shari said...

you still have your halloween calendar! I love the costumes! Happy Halloween!

Brett M said...

You guys look great!

Amber said...

Great picture!!! Everyone (especially mommy) looks awesome. Miss you guys!