Tuesday, December 25, 2012

The Nativity

A few weeks ago the kids decided they wanted to stage their own performance of the Nativity. As a child I would try to wrangle my brothers into participating in Christmas musicals that I had put together, so their artistic attempt spoke to my soul.

Phoebe played Mary, Cooper was Joseph, and Peter had the dual role of director and donkey. I love the costumes and the improvised curtain. However, I'm afraid Peter had a hard time getting his actors to follow directions.

The play is in two parts. You'll know why I had to stop filming when you get to the end of the first section.



Once appropriate consequences had been doled out, the play was able to go on. Listen carefully to what Phoebe is saying, especially at the end. Her ad-libs are definitely my favorite part.



It's not the most reverent interpretation, but I love that they were trying to celebrate Christmas, and that their Holiday performance didn't include any elves.

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I never thought of the Nativity as a comedy before, but I did laugh. Did I see Mary bite Joseph on the arm? I thoroughly enjoyed this.
Merry Christmas!

Beth said...

This is really cute! Peter did a great job being both director and stage manager and an actor -- the curtain is awesome. Cooper is really hamming it up! Your kids are cute.