Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Bryan's Not-So-Big Day

Bryan recently had his birthday, which means that we entered into that brief time that happens every year when it appears that he is two years older than me rather than one. I think I've mentioned before how Bryan and I are birthday opposites: I like a big fuss while he prefers little to no fuss.

In years past I've agonized over how to celebrate his birthday without really "CELEBRATING!" his birthday. This year, I think I hit a happy medium. The kids and I picked out gifts for him (candy from the kids, BYU paraphernalia and Legos from me), we each wrapped what we picked out (or had the happy people at the BYU bookstore do it), and we delivered them to him on his big day. We also ate pizza, drank soda, and (except for me) partook of a cake so sweet I'm surprised any of them could sleep that night. Bryan also hooked up the Wii (which had been sitting in it's box for a year) and played MarioKart with the kids.

And that's it. We didn't go out, we just kind of chilled at home. We did sing Happy Birthday, which is required, but we didn't do much else.

It's only taken twelve years to figure out his birthday...

No comments: