Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pajama Time

Phoebe has recently outgrown most of her pajamas. We were at Walmart last week and saw that the jammies were on clearance. That's when this little number caught her eye.


She loves nightgowns, and we all know about her affinity for the princesses. I tried to find a pair of pajamas with pants, but things in the needed size were in short supply. Much to her delight, we bought the nightdress. She's worn it at least four times since then, which is unusual since she likes to have clean clothes each night.

Yesterday while she was getting ready for bed I remembered something. My mom likes nightgowns; so did my great-grandma Lucy. I'm more of a pants and shirt kind of girl; so is my grandma Bonnie. I remember my grandma telling me once that she didn't understand why the others liked nightgowns so much and that the love of that item must skip a generation.

Phoebe is right on schedule to love nightgowns. I guess that means that my grandchildren will prefer pajama pants?

1 comment:

Charlynn said...

Bekah is the same way. She prefers nightgowns or frilly pajamas. I buy or make her shorts to wear underneath.