Would you believe that we had two IKEA bookcases in our basement, languishing from lack of use? We've had them for many years and didn't think they had any life left in them. Bryan had even reinforced them a few years back, but they simply didn't work for our book needs anymore.
But they might work for costumes!
I started out with this (but sans the back panel):
Next I removed the shelves and the reinforcements and scrubbed the frame a bit:
Then I lined the inside walls with fancy paper and put up a tension rod for the costumes:
And then lined the outside walls with chalkboard paper:
Finally I called Phoebe in to see her new treasure, which of course required a photo shoot:
Phoebe was thrilled when she saw her new costume closet. Of course, shortly after the last picture was taken, we discovered the tension rod was kind of busted and the costumes were once again littering the floor, but I'm sure we can fix that.







2 comments:
What a wonderful idea ! You are really a fun mother. I love you my sweet baby and I'm looking forward to spending time with you and your sweet family.
Great job! It looks wonderful!
Post a Comment