"I so happy to have my toys! You so excited?"
Sophie was over the moon that her long lost toys were finally delivered today. As each stack of boxes was wheeled out of the truck and into our house she asked, "Those my toys?" It wasn't until the early afternoon that I was able to open one of those sought after boxes. She spent the remainder of the day happily engaged in rediscovering the toys.
The rest of us are pretty happy to have our belongings back as well. We all have real beds to sleep in tonight!
We've also begun the process of finding what didn't survive the move. So far the casualties include our fancy motion-activated kitchen trash can, a sturdy rolltop desk that we obtained the day before we moved, and a box full of King-size bedding that must have gotten wet some point. Our rocking chair is also a little worse for wear.
Despite those material losses, I am so happy to have our things back.
Coming soon: a post where I bemoan the oppressive excess of our earthly possessions. Several days of unpacking will be my muse...
No comments:
Post a Comment