Since I last wrote about the illness at our house, Bryan, Sophie, and I have joined Peter. Bryan went to the doctor on Friday and had his case of the flu confirmed then. I saw my OB on Friday as well and was given a prophylactic dose of Tamiflu. On Saturday I switched over from one dose per day to two because I was showing symptoms of the flu. The same day, Sophie put herself down for a nap, something she hasn't done in ages, then ran a fever and said it hurt when she danced around the house.
Sophie spent many hours that night awake, coughing, and running a high fever. She would wake up crying and saying that she couldn't breathe. That meant Bryan and I spent many hours awake as well. Bryan held her upright from 4AM on and sang to calm her down whenever her coughing became too aggressive.
We had already gotten substitutes for our callings for church on Sunday so as not to spread our germs. So instead of heading to church when we woke up, Sophie and I went to urgent care. When we arrived she was running a fever of 103.8. They treated her with steroids, acetaminophen, and a breathing treatment. They also suggested that we take her to the ER to be evaluated because she was breathing about fifty times per minute.
Instead of going straight to the ER, we went home to touch base there and so I could nap before heading back out. Sophie's fever went down and she perked up considerably, but we decided to take her in anyway.
The ER was a busy place.
The doctor sent us home after a short evaluation with a prescription of more steroids for her breathing. She enjoyed sitting on the large exam bed and watching cartoons while we waited.
She slept better last night and napped again today. Peter is nearly better and I think he'll go to school tomorrow. Bryan and I bounce between feeling awful and exhausted and kind of okay. We both napped today too.
So far, Cooper, Phoebe, and my Grandma are still healthy. We're praying they stay that way.



No comments:
Post a Comment