Partway through the meeting I looked over at Peter and realized he was shivering. While Cooper and I stayed after for choir practice, Bryan took everyone else home. He said that Peter went right to sleep instead of eating lunch.
He spent the next several hours running a fever and going in and out of sleep.
Sometimes he was upstairs in his room. Sometimes he was watching the Olympics with Grandma Bonnie. Instead of lying still and resting, he talked almost the entire time he was conscious. He narrated the sports, dissected the commercials, predicted which brands were being advertised. I knew he was sick and hurt all over, but sometimes it was hard to remember with the constant stream of words.
Near bedtime, his fever broke. He finally was willing to eat. And, because of all the naps he'd taken, he wasn't at all sleepy. In fact, we was feeling so much better that he was up till midnight. Bryan and I finally insisted he go to sleep since we were so tired.
He spent most of today resting, and he still had some body aches, but he didn't run any fevers.
No comments:
Post a Comment