Wednesday, May 2, 2018

The Princess Puzzle

One of Sophie's friends in our neighborhood recently turned four. All of our kids were invited to her Frozen-themed birthday party. Peter and Bryan were on a campout with the scouts, but the rest of us went to the party. Cooper opted out of the pictures with the guest princess and queen (not two princesses, as both Phoebe and Sophie would point out), and spent his time playing with the birthday girl's big sister, who is in his class at school.

Sophie and Phoebe definitely wanted their pictures taken.


Princess Anna came first. She took pictures, sang with the kids, had one-on-one time with everyone that was interested, then signed the kids' hands with a Sharpie. This made my girls kind of uncomfortable because they didn't want a tattoo. I assured them the marker would wash off. Then, about twenty minutes after Anna left, Queen Elsa showed up and did the same general routine.

Phoebe walked up to me with a concerned look on her face after she'd talked to Elsa. In shocked tones she whispered her discovery. "Mom, Elsa and Anna are the same person. Should I tell the little kids?"

I confirmed that she was right and said no, she definitely should not tell the little kids. "What about Sophie? Can I tell Sophie?" I told her she could let Sophie in on it once we'd gotten to the van after the party. We made it almost to the parking lot when the beans were spilled, but by then there were no other party-goers nearby for us to spoil anything.


I was able to get a picture of Sophie in her natural habitat.


And this is what Phoebe looks like when she's had waaaaaaaay too much sugar.


Speaking of sugar. fifteen minutes after we arrived home from this party, I took Phoebe to another birthday party for her friend in our ward. When I picked Phoebe up two hours later, the hostess reported that Phoebe had laid down on the couch at one point during the party and announced that she'd had too much sugar and needed to rest. After two birthday parties in a row, I'm sure she had.

No comments: