Thursday, July 19, 2018

The Good Old Days

Yesterday as the kids and I took our new stroller for its maiden voyage at a local park, I felt a strong sense of nostalgia. When the boys were little, we spent most of our summer mornings walking to and from the park or strolling the neighborhood. That was before the time of chores and piano practice and begging to play video games. It was when they woke up wanting to go play at the park.

It's comforting to know we still have days like that. 

1 comment:

Beth said...

I had this feeling yesterday when I took my little kids to the splash pad! The big kids went to an all-day space camp and I felt this happy calm taking my kids on a fun outing. It felt like the first time I'd done it all summer, because it was one of the first days where there wasn't some kind of lessons to go to, and no extended family activity in town. Glorious!