Sophie is strong. She's so strong that she's often rougher than she intends. She's also what might be termed a helicopter sister. She hovers over Topher to the point that the poor boy can't move around to play. I think most of my time these days is spent telling her to give him space and let me be the mom. Unfortunately, some of this hovering and roughness combine and Topher ends up the recipient.
Sophie usually sits next to Topher in the van, while Phoebe and Cooper sit in the back row. Yesterday morning as we waited for the school bus to arrive, after another burst of aggressive affection from Sophie, I told her that she and Phoebe were switching seats in the van so she would no longer be within reach of Topher. She was visibly distraught and pleaded for another chance. I reminded her that she had several chances each day. If she wanted to sit by Topher then she would need to be gentle with him.
Her reply? She took a deep breath, calmed her tears, then said, "I'll be gentle to Topher. Starting tomorrow."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment