Some of our school days run relatively smoothly. Others do not. We were having one of those other days last week with Sophie. A friend whose son attends our cyber school had shared that at the end of some weeks she runs out of patience and energy before they run out of school. That's when she has her two older boys step in and act as educational facilitator for their younger brother. This story popped into my brain and I asked Phoebe if she wanted to have a go at helping Sophie with one of her classes.
Phoebe immediately declared that she would teach Sophie all of her schoolwork for the day. I pulled her back and said she could do two of the four. I snapped this picture of how delighted Sophie was to have Phoebe doing school with her. Then, since Topher was upstairs napping, I laid my tired head down on the couch next to them and took a tiny nap.
This teacher's assistant arrangement only lasted two days, I guess the magic wore off quickly. But it was very nice for a moment.

2 comments:
What a great picture!
I love this. It happens at our house with homework sometimes. Sorry it didn't last, but I'm glad you got a short nap at least!
Post a Comment