Monday, December 21, 2020

All the Snow

We had a major snowstorm last week. More snow fell in about a twelve hour period than fell during the entire last winter. The forecast predicted anywhere from 12" to 30" of snow. We ended up getting at least a foot. 

The kids were so excited about the snow, especially Topher. He wanted to go out in it as soon as it started to fall. He exhibited great two-year-old patience and waited an entire day.

On Thursday I hauled the winter clothes back out (since I had quickly put them away from our recent snow day) and we spent at least thirty minutes bundling up. Bryan and Peter joined us this time, so it was a much more fun adventure. Plus, the kids were in awe of Bryan's snowball-throwing ability.

Topher dropped down almost immediately for a snow angel.


Cooper got to work on a snow fort while Sophie attempted a snowman.


She did take time for some angels of her own.


Phoebe let Topher help with her snowman. No, she's not wearing snow pants, but some should be here on Wednesday.


Look, a rare sighting of a Bryan in the wild.


Topher's gloves, which fit, kept coming off. Then, right before he and I came inside to start some hot chocolate, I noticed that he was pulling them off at least some of the time so he could feel the snow.


This is a picture I took of my foot in an attempt to show how deep the snow was. I'm not sure if I was all the way through the snow or if more was packed under me.


Bryan managed to catch all six of us from his vantage point on the sidewalk. Peter was borrowing Bryan's snow boots (we've held off on buying Peter his own boots until his feet mostly stop growing, and I suspect we're nearly there, because man-size snow boots are expensive) since it was his turn to shovel the walk, so Bryan was staying safe on mostly dry ground in his regular shoes. But he was still throwing snow balls that reached the middle of the street.


It was a fun day.

1 comment:

Shari said...

I love it! That looks like so much fun. I’m happy to enjoy your fun from the inside of my warm home. It’s awesome to see the whole family joining in.