Monday, July 5, 2021

1776

We had a very nice, calm, stay-at-home-and-attend-church-meetings-via-the-internet kind of Independence Day. Bryan made a delicious steak dinner with home-prepared potato wedges, corn on the cob, watermelon, and cherry pie. I don't have pictures of any of that, nor do I have pictures of Bryan and the big boys in red and blue ties, or of the older four going outside with me to watch the fireflies (nature's fireworks), or of us crowding around the girls' window to watch actual fireworks.

What I do have a picture of is our attempt to watch 1776 with the kids. 

I love this musical. The music is inspiring and the message stirring. It also has a rather surprising amount of mild (by today's standards) cursing. The kids were not at all okay with that. They announced the movie had too many bad words and was boring. I ruffled at the boring comment, but agreed about the language. So we turned it off and watched An American Tail: Fievel Goes West instead. That fits for the Fourth of July, right?

No comments: