Phoebe left Primary altogether. She is now part of the Young Women's program. She's completely excited about this. I'm also excited, but also scratching my head about how that happened so quickly. I'm pretty sure she's the only YW without her own phone (the main way the leaders communicate with the girls), and she's going to stay that way for the foreseeable future.
Cooper moved from being a Deacon to being a Teacher. In fact, on Sunday night Bryan ordained him to this new office of the priesthood. Both sets of grandparents joined us over Zoom, which was wonderful. An extra special part of the ordination? Because Peter is a Priest, he was able to help. This is the first time he's been able to do this. Watching him stand next to Bryan with his hands on Cooper's head made me realize just how close he is to going on a mission. Yes, it's still a few years away, but in that moment it felt close.
Add in Sophie's baptism from last Friday and it's been a big week for our family.
Yesterday morning I realized that I had failed to take a picture of Cooper after the ordination. I grabbed my phone, just to make sure. I discovered that although I hadn't taken any pictures, he had. So, to commemorate such an important step, I'm including one of the many, many selfies Cooper took on Sunday.
You're welcome.
No comments:
Post a Comment