Thursday, July 20, 2023

Our Big Adventure: Days 5 and 6

Tuxedo the cat was an important part of our visit to California. Topher spent time each day trying to find where he was hiding. Occasionally Tuxedo would let himself be found and would accept adoration, but mostly he stayed safely out of sight.


On Saturday, now that school was done, Phoebe took over Topher duty while Peter and Cooper helped me and Bryan with a project.




On Sunday we attended church in the same building where Bryan and I had our wedding reception almost twenty-two years ago. There were a handful of people in their ward that I knew from growing up there. Two of those people were serving in Young Women and were so excited to welcome Phoebe. She felt so included that she asked if we could move there. Unfortunately, we can't do that, but I'm thrilled that she felt such a strong sense of belonging.


After church we quickly packed up our hotel room and prepared to switch to our second California location. Then we went back to my parents' house for lunch and a final load of laundry. While that was drying, we drove down to see the San Diego Temple, the place where Bryan and I were married. It's one of my favorite places on earth. Bryan was so tired from the long week that he closed his eyes for a bit in the van while the kids and I walked around. I woke him up for a group shot at the end.







Then we stopped by my parents house for hugs and our now dry clothes. And we finally got pictures of the kids with the grandparents.




Then we piled into the van for the next leg of our journey.

1 comment:

Beth said...

So glad you got to visit San Diego. We were married there, too, and even though it's my only tie to that place, I still love it. But gosh, the thought of finishing up school and working while also traveling is pretty overwhelming!

I got to see you in person and I know the next part of the story and I'm so excited!! :-D