On Friday evening, after three months of early Saturday morning practices, our kids choir had our Spring concert. I directed the first three choir numbers and my co-director conducted the last three choir songs. There were solos and small group numbers sprinkled throughout.
We spent the morning setting up the room. We thought fifty-six chairs would be enough. We were wrong. After additional chairs were added for all the parents, grandparents, siblings, friends, and neighbors that were there our count was up to ninety. It was a full house.
This was the first concert for several of our youngest singers. The entire first row was made up of our five to seven year-olds. I've been told by those in attendance that that front row of young singers was quite entertaining, lots of waving and dancing and occasional singing. Topher was in that front row group.
This was our set for the concert:
Seize the Day - I directed our opener.
Pirates of the Caribbean Theme - piano solo
Lost Boy - trio of sisters
If You’re Happy and You Know It - This was the song our junior choir did, which consisted of the kids in the front row. I directed this active little group. We added lots of funny verses that got laughs from the audience. These are the posters I made to remind the kids what to do in each verse. Topher was willing to be my model.
Try Everything - vocal solo
I’d Like to Visit the Moon - This was the final song I directed. One of our singers played the violin to accompany us.
Sisters - quartet of sisters
Remember Me - cello solo
Get Back Up Again - The whole choir sang this. One of the dads joined us on guitar.
Journey to the Past - vocal solo
Quartet - vocal quartet, Sophie was the soprano
In My Own Little Corner - Sophie's solo
Glorious - The senior choir sang this. Many of the kids had solos, including Phoebe and Sophie. They were beautiful!
Go the Distance - This was the closing number, the whole choir sang.
I have videos all everything, but not any pictures of me directing. This is the other director starting Go the Distance.
The kids did a great job, even the ones that we were nervous about. Many of the parents asked us when our next season will start. We smiled and said that was a great question and we would let them know as soon as we know.
And, just like the first two seasons, more kids want to join. We're glad we've created something the kids want to be a part of!




No comments:
Post a Comment