Our weekend was packed full. I think school today will be a break in comparison. It started on Friday with Peter attending Prom with his pal Jillian.
Then I took the three younger kids to the Fun Fest at the elementary school. Topher and Sophie jumped on bounce houses for an hour and a half while Phoebe (who I failed to take pictures of that night) played games and hung out with me and a few other friends.
I had misunderstood the payment directions and only had enough cash for Topher and Sophie to participate in the activities. Phoebe was fine with just walking around with us. However, the person in charge of taking money and handing out activity wrist bands was her elementary school gifted teacher. When he saw she wouldn't be able to play any games he pulled out his own wallet and announced that he would pay for Phoebe. Phoebe and I both insisted that wasn't necessary, but he had such happy memories of being her teacher for three years that he paid anyway. It was very sweet and Phoebe is determined to find a way to pay that generosity forward.





No comments:
Post a Comment