We were almost done with bedtime tonight when Topher told me that his throat "felt funny." I looked at it and his uvula and tonsils looked red and swollen. Since Bryan had strep throat a few weeks ago, I knew there was a chance his funny throat was something more. I told him to put pants on over his pajamas and I took him into urgent care.
No one balked at my request for a strep test, which I appreciated. The test was negative, but the PA that we saw agreed that his throat didn't look right. The look of his throat, plus his runny nose, and the fact that he randomly threw up last week all led her to treat him as if the test had been positive. She put him on antibiotics.
He's looking forward to a day of resting and maybe watching TV tomorrow, but he is sad to miss school.
This has been a long season of sick.
No comments:
Post a Comment