This evening I was driving back from soccer with all three kids. I had just sung my line about kindness when I said, "When you guys are grown-ups and you hear that song, I hope you'll think of me. And I hope it's a fond memory."
That prompted the following conversation:
Peter: Yeah, and I'll go to your funeral.
Me: What?!
Peter: I'll go to your funeral Mom.
Me: Well, let's hope that's not for a while.
Peter: Cooper, do you want to go to Mommy's funeral with me?
Cooper: (long pause while he thinks about it) Yes. And I'll drive.
Peter: No, I'll drive you and Phoebe. Phoebe, do you want to go with us to Mommy's funeral? She's smiling, so I think that means yes.
Well, I'm glad we have that out of the way.
2 comments:
Why don't we have a funeral for you now, while you are still alive and can hear the things we say about you. I'll start.
Margot is a dedicated and loving mother who provides an environment rich in language and experience, who teaches her children of Christ and his precepts, who inspires all of us with her service, creativity, and wit.
Who's next?
I might even go to Margot's funeral...
Margot is awesome because she makes homemade bread and jam, so that will obviously win her a spot in heaven, because both her bread and jam are heavenly.
Post a Comment