Each week Cooper brings home one assignment to work on for the next seven days. Last week the assignment sheet explained that he would, with help, need to fashion a container that would keep an egg unbroken while it was thrown off the roof of the school. Yup, all the Kindergartners participated in an old fashioned egg drop.
I had two thoughts right after reading the instructions, "Wow, isn't Kindergarten a little young for this assignment?" and, "This sounds like a good project for Bryan." So I handed it over to him.
He did some research and some brainstorming. And he asked Cooper questions about what he wanted to do. Last night while I supervised the other two getting ready for bed, Bryan and Cooper worked. In the end, almost the whole design was Cooper's. He wanted to put the egg in a box and we didn't have one the right size. Bryan had the idea to cut up and use the milk jug, but that's it. Lucky for us, Bryan made a movie of Cooper loading the contraption. It's long, and in two parts, but pretty darn cute.
Oh, and his egg survived all three tests and the drop off the school!
Thursday, October 10, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well done Cooper! Good job Dad! An egg drop in kindergarten does seem a bit extreme, but it does look like a Common Core project. I wonder what his next project will be.
Post a Comment