Thursday, February 20, 2014

Beware the Fish

Between the recent snow days and some scheduled days off, the boys have been home more than usual. We've played UNO and Memory and Candyland. We've started reading Mary Poppins, which the boys love and Phoebe isn't as excited about. We've also done some baking.

We keep some of our baking ingredients in large buckets. We made Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies (because one child wanted pumpkin cookies, one wanted oatmeal cookies, and one wanted chocolate cookies) which required two of our bucket items: flour and oats.

I measured, Cooper and Phoebe poured in ingredients, and Peter read the recipe to us. He was sitting on the closed bucket of oats with his feet propped on the closed bucket of flour. That's when he asked, "Why does it say they can't catch fish is these?"

I looked at him, trying to figure out what in the world he was talking about. That's when I saw one of these labels on the side of the bucket he was looking at.


No no Peter, not catching fish.

No comments: