Monday, June 23, 2014

Teddy Bear's Picnic


Phoebe had her first dance recital this past weekend. She did a great job. Bryan's brother Dallin and his wife Melody were here visiting us and got to come to the recital, which thrilled Phoebe. Melody offered to take a picture of the family after Phoebe performed. We are a good looking bunch, I think. Also, you can see Phoebe's newest accessory: a cut on her forehead obtained a few short hours before the recital. That pesky backyard fence got in her way.

We weren't allowed to record the actual performance, but I did get the dress rehearsal. She is house left (of course I'm using theatre directions) of the bear. You'll notice that she spent a good chunk of time trying to find me in the audience. I assured her that we were there and on the night of the performance she focused and got down to the business of dancing. She also redirected one of her classmates when she got too close to Phoebe's dance space, which was pretty funny.



I asked Phoebe afterward what she thought of being on stage. She liked it, but she did have one complaint, "It was too short."

That's my girl.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Good Job Phoebe!
=0)