It snowed overnight and we got the call around 5:30 this morning telling us there would be no school. I decided to brave the cold and told the kids I would take them outside to play. They were thrilled. We got between 4 and 6 inches, so there was lots of cold white stuff to tromp through.
Snow angels are popular round these parts.
Cooper found the cleanest patch of snow, filled up his container, and ate it like ice cream, which does not appeal to me. Then he went for a not so clean patch and I had to point out that that was the snow the plow had pushed onto the sidewalk from the street.
See the boots Peter is wearing? They're Bryan's. And they're only a half size too big for Peter.
The kids kept asking if I was going to make a snow angel. I don't own snow pants, and even if I did I don't think they'd fit right now, so I declined. In fact, instead of my normal base layer, I wore Bryan's because there was more room to accommodate my growing girth.
The snow was quite dry, so the few snowballs that were attempted didn't work out very well.
However it was perfect for sledding. Cooper discovered that he didn't even need an actual sled. I caught him mid-run on his way down the hill, right on his knees. He was the last kid out and only came in because I didn't want to leave him out on his own.
We followed our outside play with baths and hot chocolate, which is just how a snow day should go.







2 comments:
It looks fun, but really cold!
Brrr!
I like my snow in the mountains and me in the valley.If you have to live in cold countryI you're lucky to live on s hill to slide down.
Post a Comment